Ms. McLaughlin is a member of the firm’s Health Care Practice Group and will serve the firm’s clients in an Of Counsel capacity. Prior to joining Krieg DeVault she served as the General Counsel and Senior Vice President of Operational Resources for the Franciscan Sisters of Chicago Service Corporation, a nationally recognized multi-state senior services organization.
Ms. McLaughlin has over 20 years of progressive leadership experience in the health care/service delivery fields with emphasis on governance, corporate and regulatory compliance, quality and risk management, non-profit tax matters, real estate, corporate financings, government and business relations. She has expertise in several areas including: development of small scale ($6MM) and large scale ($270MM) projects, including opening a new 54-story upscale retirement community; long range strategic planning and revenue enhancements; reducing the cost of risk to an organization through effective enterprise risk management systems; and strong fiscal management.
Ms. McLaughlin has experience in single site and multi-site leadership of and operational support for continuing care retirement communities, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, affordable housing, hospice, home health and a myriad of community-based services.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana (J.D., 2004)
- Indiana University, Gary, Indiana (M.S. in Health Services Administration)
- Pi Alpha National Honor Society
- Indiana University, Gary, Indiana (B.S. in Public Affairs)
- Concentation in Health Administration
- Indiana, 2004
- Illinois, 2005
Seminars and Presentations
- Indiana Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, Webinar, “Recent Changes in Indiana to Nursing Home Resident Abuse and Neglect Requirements,” January 2010
- Indiana Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, Webinar, “CMS Recovery Audit Contractor Process for Nursing Homes,” February 2010
- Indiana Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, Fall Conference, “When and How to involve your Legal Counsel in your Proactive Risk Management Program,” September 2009
- Emerging Issues for Eldercare Organizations, “Crisis Management,” April 2004
- Catholic Continuing Care Symposium, “One Eldercare Provider’s Journey into Benchmarking,” February 2003
- American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, National Fall Institute, “Compliance: What you don’t know can hurt you,” October 2000
- Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, “Integrating Compliance and Quality Management,” May 2000.
- Indiana Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, Sprint Institute, “Integrating Compliance and Quality Management,” April 2000
- American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, National Fall Institute, “Conducting a Risk Assessment and incorporating it into your Quality Program,” October 1999.
- Life Services Network of Illinois, Fall Institute of Long Term Care Facilities, “Corporate Compliance Planning in Long Term Care Facilities,” October, 1998
- Life Services Network of Illinois, District 12, “Corporate Compliance: What it is and How to do it,” August, 1998
- Life Services Network of Illinois, Districts 5 & 6, “Corporate Compliance in Health Care,” July, 1998
- Indiana Hospital & Health Association, “How to Implement a Grassroots Advocacy program for your health facility,” 1996
- American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (Legal Committee)
- Indiana Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (Member, Legal Committee)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Indiana Bar Association (Member)
- Illinois Bar Association (Member)
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (Member)
- Defense Research Institute (Member)
- Indiana Association of Homes & Services for the Aging (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Past Member)
- International Risk Management Institute (Past Member)
- Health Care Compliance Association (Past Region V Board Member)